Summer Scenarios with Chi Chi London.

11 comments




Dress: c/o Chi Chi London. Blazer: Simply Be (old). Clutch: Primark (bought when I was 14!). Necklace: c/o Taking Shape. Shoes: Evans (old)
 
The fab ladies over at Chi Chi London were sweet enough to let me know that this Summer they've launched some of their favourite dresses in sizes 18 -24 and asked if I'd like to ask if I'd like to review one and of course I'm never one to say no to a pretty dress! Along with this as part of their Summer Scenarios campaign they asked if I'd style it up with a summer event in mind with anything from Prom, Birthdays or Wedding Guest to Graduation and A day at the races! As I won't be graduating for another year yet (even though this outfit would be great for that!) I decided to style the lovely Dolly Dress as how I'd choose to dress for my prom now, if you'd like a giggle I did a post last year showing old photographs from my year 11 and 6th form proms here. 

This skirt gives the perfect amount of volume that I love so dearly in dresses and tend to add my petticoat to almost everything but with this dress there is no need there is 4 layers including the lace overlay and how the hem is done gives this fabulous frothy finish which I LOVE! For me standing at 5'2 it's a good length on me but for those who are a little more gifted in the height department may find it on the shorter side. Another thing I ADORE about this dress is the back, the fact it's an elasticated back is a complete dream for me as I generally find anything with a back zip hard to get into, though I have seen on the site that it says it's a back zip so just double check before hand! The dress also has padded and moulded cups so you could potentially go braless with this. ultimately if you still prefer to wear a bra to keep everything in check you can do as I have done above! Plunging v-neck is another lovely feature but I decided to bring even more colour into the mix by pairing it with this amazing necklace! I added a jacket but with how these straps are I feel completely comfortable having my arms out, which is still quite a rarity! 

Overall I couldn't give Chi Chi London much more of a glowing review! I did choose to size up with this when I was originally worried about zips but I could easily have worn my usual size no problem. I just hope that Chi Chi decide to expand there sizes above a UK 24 so even more of us can have such fabulous dresses. I really wish they'd been doing garments in my size when I was having my prom!

 What would be your dream prom dress?

SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

11 comments

  1. That's so pretty. I love the colour too. x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not that fussed about proms but love this dress on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colour and the leafy pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute!! This look would be great for weddings or more formal functions! The colour is quite lovely and I love almost anything lace!

    That blazer is perf!! I love the cut and fit on you!!

    <3
    margot

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful color and dress, love it on you and it's nice to know new places to shop for cute dresses!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful dress, I like the way you styled it. You look gorgeous! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your dress :)
    http://asja91.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty, love the bright necklace with it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice Summer Fashion, It is so appreciated!!!” “You always have good humor in your blogs. So much enjoying and easy to read!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I try to read every comment I get and if I don't reply on here find me on twitter (@rosieroundface) and let me know!

Search This Blog

BLOG TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig