The Connie Dress by Voodoo Vixen.

2 comments



Dress: c/o Voodoo Vixen (now available at Simply Be) Glasses: Jeepers Peepers Via Asos (reglazed at Specspost with my own prescription in). Boots: Simply Be (old)

Before I go into detail shall can I just say
 I UTTERLY LOVE THIS DRESS, IT IS THE DRESS OF DREAMS.

The amazing team over at Voodoo Vixen sent me this dress after I saw it in the main range and fell in love!
They were sweet enough to pop me an email to let me know they were going to bring it into the plus size range and a few months later it landed on my door step and it's everything I imagined! Voodoo Vixen have resized a little and I definitely think it's for the better, I'm wearing a 2XL and at a UK20 I find it a perfect fit on my waist/tummy without being uncomfortable in any places at all. My only issue is the skirt is a little bit long for me but I am 5'2 and can easily take it up a little without any problem (this is just my personal choice as I like my skirts a little shorter nowadays but I'll also happily wear it as this length!) I also find that I don't need a petticoat under this dress and I personally wouldn't wish to add one as I feel the skirt of the dress is a lovely shape and not at all needed. FYI it has pocket that you can actually fit your hands in, I don't know why this excites me so much but it does! 

Now lets talk about the neckline, isn't it just fabulous?! It's low cut enough to show a little cleavage if you want to but not so much that you feel like you're going to be tugging it up constantly.(which is something I'm often guilty of) There is a zip in this dress but I just pull it over my head as the fabric is rather stretch and just works really well. What  also thought was a nice touch is the belt and surprisingly it actually fits, unlike so many plus size dresses that come with belts that don't even go near! I finished the look with some Rockalily lipstick, half my hair up (though I may have preferred to wave my hair in the end, nevermind!) and my vintage reproduction frames which I picked up in the Asos sale and have reglazed at Specpost.

As you can see I've fallen head over heels with this dress and Voodoo Vixen in general! You can see the previous posts I've done on them here and here. Up next I've got another piece that matches this dress but I decided to do a separate post for it!

This dress is now available on Simply Be how great is that!?You can get it here now.


SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

2 comments

  1. You look phenomenal ... it really is a divine little dress!

    C xx
    http://curvygirlthin.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! That dress is so amazing! YOU LOOK STUNNING! seriously that glasses print is so you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I try to read every comment I get and if I don't reply on here find me on twitter (@rosieroundface) and let me know!

Search This Blog

BLOG TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig