Getting all Dolly and Dotty!

3 comments





Dress: c/o Dolly and Dotty. Belt: Vintage. Cardigan: Dorothy Perkins. Shoes: Bait Footwear. Sunglasses: Specspost. Hair Flower: Pin Up Curl.

I've had this dress for quite awhile and I've been desperately meaning to post about it but I just wasn't happy with the photos, however these only came out marginally better and I do hope you don't mind. I wish the photos without the cardigan were cuter than they are but I wanted to show you how the fabric is on the bust and back of the dress (both extremely comfortable!) This is the Melissa Bandeau dress the lovely team over at Dolly and Dotty sent me to review. You may recall be reviewing another of their dresses at the beginning of the year and me being surprised at how true to size they were as so often I find vintage reproduction or inspired brands can be on the smaller size but I am happy to report again that Dolly and Dotty's sizing seems to be spot on if not a little generous. Here I'm wearing a UK20 and it's comfortable and doesn't cut in on my waistband, I do however find the dress a little long in the body though I am only 5'2 so this is something that I usual find in the vast majority of dresses I wear! I also find the bust quite full as well so if you have boobs bigger than me (for reference I wear a 38DD/E generally in bras) you should still be fine even with it being strapless. I'm wearing my go to Curvy Kate Luxe strapless bra under the dress in these photos. 

I decided to colour coordinate the whole of my outfit and threw on the cardigan and belt over as I just think it looks so cute and is a great option for wearing this dress in the cooler months as well! If you're looking for fun vintage style dresses which are easy to care for and extremely well priced I'd definitely check out Dolly and Dotty! 

SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

3 comments

  1. Oh I love that you'd gone strapless - it's something I always avoid (even with my beautiful Curvy Kate) as I'm scared the dress is going to fall down. Perhaps I ought to re-try as this looks gorgeous!

    C xx
    CurvyGirlThin.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I try to read every comment I get and if I don't reply on here find me on twitter (@rosieroundface) and let me know!

Search This Blog

BLOG TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig