Plus London Two.

4 comments




These are just a few snaps I've borrowed from various people from Plus London Two last week, if you were following the hashtag on twitter you would of seen how we ended up in a blizzard but regardless it was so brilliant I'm not going to give you a minute by minute run down of the evening because everything was just so lovely there really is no need. I'd just like to thank Claire from A Monkey Fatshionista for organising the whole thing and getting so many people and company's involved! In fact these pictures were either taken by one of her lovely friends Sarah or Clarie's equally lovely fella, Claire also got another friend to come and set up a little pop up studio where we could have proper pictures taken which is where the ones of me and Lauren.
We got some amazing goodies from the lovely ladies from Simply Be and elomi (I was specially surprised with elomi they were so lovely and I finally got fitted after basically guessing my bra size for most of my bra wearing life!) For the event I wore my Asos Curve play suit which I'm yet to fully show on here even though I've had it since before Christmas and some cute patent loafers.

I just wish I could go back to my 12 year old self and tell her that all these great things for plus size women would involve myself. I used to really hate how I was but now I'm finally starting to accept myself for who I am and to be quite honest I have blogging and mostly all the amazing plus size bloggers to thank for it. Okay so I still might find it hard to look people I don't know in the eye incase they judge me on my size but when I'm blogging or at events I'm basically way more confident in myself. Sorry I'm starting to gush but its just something I feel strongly about and wish girls who may be bigger than there friends had people like us to look up to because I sure as hell wish I had when I was 12.

ROLL ON MORE GATHERINGS, so I can see all the girls!
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

4 comments

  1. Here here!! Completely agree with you - more meetups, more local ones, national ones, international ones!!

    K x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I third that thought! Lots of blogging events please! I went 'aww I completely agree' at the idea of being able to tell your younger self about what the future held in terms of feeling good about yourself...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I try to read every comment I get and if I don't reply on here find me on twitter (@rosieroundface) and let me know!

Search This Blog

BLOG TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig